Sat, Nov 02|
Back in Action
Manual Approach to Neurogenic TOS
A specialized course for Athletic trainers interested in a manual approach to evaluating and treating Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
Time & Location
Nov 02, 2019, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Back in Action, 151 N Chestnut St. Bath, PA 18014
About the Event
Manual Approach to Neurogenic TOS is BOC Category EBP Approved for 4.0 CEU.
- Athletic Trainers
- Last minute CEU for Current Credentialing period
- Perform Median, Radial and Ulnar Nerve Tensiontests
- Identify at least three muscular entrapment sites for each nerve (Median, Radial and Ulnar)
- Differentiate between muscular pain and nerve pain
- Identify movement patterns that can cause nerve tension
- Differentiate between neurogentic and vascular TOS presentation
Instructor: Dr. Donna Copertino, DC, DACRB
Dr. Donna Copertino, DC is a Doctor of Chiropractic Rehabilitation with Specialization in Active Release Technique, Graston Technique, SFMA, Chain Reaction 3 Dimensional Biomechanics, DNS and ScarWorks. She is the Director and Founder of Back in Action: Athletic Performance Training Center with over 20 years clinical experience.
At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify at least two areas of muscular entrapment of each nerve, median, radial and ulnar
- Differentiate between nerve entrapment and soft tissue restriction limiting range of motion
- Perform successful release of soft tissue restriction improving glide and motion between muscles
Target Audience: Manual Approach to Neurogenic TOS is intended for licensed and/or certified athletic trainers/manual therapists whose professions allow manual touch and passive movement of joints within their scope of practice. This includes but is not limited to Athletic Trainers, Physical therapists, Chiropractors and Massage Therapists.
Cancellations received at least 7 business days before the event are 100% refundable. There will be no refund for cancellations received later. If participants register and do not attend, they are still responsible for full payment. Participants will need to contact Move Better Perform Better via phone or email with a request for refund:
*Telephone #: (610) 837-8854
Move Better Perform Better will process the participant’s refund within 3‐5 business days from the day the request is received
BOC Approved 4.0 CEU Category A